Unless you already use expensive software like Adobe InDesign for your marketing flyers and brochures, I highly recommend using Canva for high quality marketing flyers and brochures to be used on social media or for print.
In This Tutorial, I Want to Show You How Easy It Is to Create a Realtor Flyer Using Canva.com.
Canva is a graphic design platform, used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents and other visual content. The app includes templates for users to use. The platform is free to use and offers paid subscriptions like Canva Pro and Canva for Enterprise for additional functionality.
1. Sign up for the free account by visiting Canva.com
2. In the main menu, go to “Templates > Marketing > Flyers“
3. In Browse by category, select “Real Estate”.
4. You can scroll through the prebuilt templates or start from scratch. In this tutorial we are going to use a free template.
Customizing Your Canva Realtor Flyer
Once you have selected the “Customize this template” button, you will be taken to the dashboard where you can begin editing. Here you will be able to add images, remove images, update the text and change the color scheme.
5. Start by getting familiar with the elements by hovering and clicking on each element to see what settings show up in the menu bar.
6. Next, get familiar with the “Toolbar” to see what types of items you can add to the brochure such as boxes, lines, shapes, videos, images, logos and more.
7. To edit the text on the flyer template, just select the existing text and replace it with your own. You can also changes fonts and colors in the item toolbar.
8. Now let’s change the background color of the box by selecting it and using the toolbar above.
9. Now let’s replace the logo with your own. By choosing uploads, you can keep a library of your own images and logos.
10. Now let’s update those images. Many of the templates allow you to drag and drop the image into the section that already has an image and it will crop it for you.
11. Sometimes Realtors want to add a picture of their business card so that it adds consistency to their brand. All you have to do is add it to your “Uploads” and drag it onto the flyer in a new area.
12. There is much more you can add and modify but this is meant to cover the very basics for someone getting started. If you are happy with the design and are ready to download it, you will select the down arrow in the upper right hand corner of the page.
13. Here you will have the option to download it as a PDF for printing or a JPG for posting an image on social media. I recommend downloading both versions. Use the PDF for printing or sending to a printer and use the JPG for sharing on social media
There are so many more things you can do with Canva.com. While I am an Adobe customer, I still use Canva for most of my social media posts and sometimes for other documents such as brochures, menus, etc. Hope you found this useful.
Latest posts by Geno Quiroz (see all)
- Divi Offers the Best in Speed and Performance With the Right Divi Experts, Hosting Environment, and Maintenance Plan - November 16, 2021
- Sunsetting Divi Staff - November 9, 2021
- Using Canva.com For Your Realtor Flyer - November 5, 2021
- Microanalytics Is a Great Lightweight Alternative to Google Analytics - September 25, 2021
- How to Stop Email From Going to My Spam Folder in Gmail - September 24, 2021